5.22.2008

Nintendo Nostalgia

Susan got a Wii and I started downloading some classic games from the Virtual Console. It's incredible how powerfully fun these old games are to me. In fact, I could see myself lazing a whole weekend away with buddies on these older games much easier than on a new game. I don't know if the game designers knew what they were doing but these are more powerful than a Proustian Madeline to me. Especially the music. I downloaded this game this morning and the song sent me into a fit:

Another game with killer music was BreakThru. As my brother pointed out, one of the best things about this game was that you could beat it fairly easily.

Sadly, that game is not available on the Wii Virtual Console yet. It's a genius idea, because they are essentially getting you to buy the same game twice in you life, and I am doing so GLADLY.

Another game not currently on the Wii VC is Blaster Master. I would snap this up in a second. Check out this killer opening sequence:

Of course this list would not be complete without a plea to release the game I played more than any other, Contra.

I might get amnesia and forget my name or get Alzheimer's and forget where I am but I will never forget that code...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WTF is "Life Force??" That game was sweet. It was like "Contra" in SPACE!