5.21.2008

Nico Bellic wants his money


This story over at the New York Times is kinda interesting. The voice actor who portrays the tough protagonist Nico Bellic in Grand Theft Auto IV is complaining that actors get a bum deal from the game industry. Basically his argument is that in the games medium there is no scale pay rate or additional compensation for his performances being used in advertising. I don't really know enough about the situation to weigh in but if the voice of Nico asked me for something, I'd get it! That dude is terrifying!

As I continue my progress in the game I'm becoming more and more impressed by the narrative. I'm about halfway through and no longer worry about better weapons or vehicles, I'm too engrossed in the expanding novelistic storyline unfolding around Nico and his struggle to survive in the city. Every time, I think the story is going to zig, it zags. It's so impressive that with all the technical skill they put into this game, they chose (wisely) not to skimp on the writing either.

No comments: