4.28.2008

Matt Berry

I will watch anything Matt Berry does. His too brief appearances on The IT Crowd led me to discover Gareth Marengi's Darkplace and this treasure:

Then, last Christmas my brother got me his rock opera AD/BC, a musical retelling of the birth of Christ from the POV of the inn keeper. Matt stars and wrote the songs. I gotta order some more import DVDs of this guy stat. Next on the list has to be the Darkplace spinoff, "Man to Man With Dean Learner."

Maybe it's just my brain and it's addiction to hooky songs but I think he's a genius. Also his acting style intrigues me. It actually looks like he is often out of sync, in lots of stuff. I think it's just that he is so strangely intense he seems to be out of sync with our plane of existence. I really think he has invented a whole new acting style here and would not be surprised if he blew up to become the next comedy mega star to come out of the UK.

Here is a sketch show with him that is a big hit on Digg today, it's titled "She Has A Boyfriend"

She Has A Boyfriend - Watch more free videos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can't stop watching it