4.25.2008

Schrodinger's Girl

Well, this film has gotten a bit of interesting buzz online lately and no one has even seen it yet. First I saw this coverage from IO9 which said the film is "doing its best to use the web to gain an audience." Then I read on Warren Ellis' blog about the same film. Warren (patron saint of Island Zero) said he wanted to post the film's trailer on his site because the director "asked him nicely." Isn't that lovely?

Schodinger's Girl is a story of woman who travels between dimensions encountering alternative versions of herself some of whom help her with her inter-dimensional studies and some who try to hinder her. That's an interesting version of crowd sourcing. I'm going to contact the filmmakers and see if I can look at the film to consider it for my film festival. I wanna see more Sci Fi this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was a guest at the first screening in Warwick Arts Centre... it was really good. You have to make it through the first 15 min cos it was quite overwhelming taking all the science/story/characters in, but after that you get totally in the film and the three 'schrodinger's girls' seem like totally different people (they're played by one actress) and the effects are really good for low budget indie.

Don't know whether it could be big in film generally but I think it could do really well at festivals and maybe be a good idea to sell it to TV as feature length thing or get it done DVD distrib with release on eg sci-fi channel. I'd like to see it made a trilogy. It felt very 'Alien', ie, like the beginning of a whole bunch of films.