3.05.2009

I love robots

I was cleaning the house this morning in tandem with my robotic helper, Dirt Dog. This is not the first robot I've owned but it's easily the best. Looking forward I'm sure the next generation will wonder at how we ever lived without robots EVERYWHERE. This industry is going to be key to our future growth as well, undoubtedly. Look at some of the pictures from this Boston Big Picture collection of modern robots. These are not Sci-Fi imagined models of what we might have some day. These creatures exist on our planet right now.



Also, I'm reading Saturn's Children right now which is about a universe populated with robots after all of humanity has died off. Looking at these photos, I'm more and more convinced that we will be leaving more than a few of these machines whirring about after we are gone.
(This is a simulation with dummies. This robot is supposed to act in a situation where the area is irradiated and people cannot otherwise be retrieved.)

No comments: