3.06.2008

Transmogrification theatre


Check this out. First off David Cronenberg recently announced that he is creating a musical version of his 1986 film THE FLY for the stage. (Insane.) Then today George Romero says in an interview that he wants to remake the 1982 version of THE THING into a play as well! Here is a quote from Romero:

"I’d love to freeze the whole audience - first of all, we’d have to chill the whole theatre down to some sub-zero temperature.”

That sounds well, crazy but I'm on board. And Cronenberg's FLY is one of those movies that I never get sick of watching or talking about. I'm simply in awe of how great it is. The gooey tactile effects... the casting of Goldblum... brilliant. The musical comes to Los Angeles in September and you better believe I'm there!

No comments: