3.16.2008

Frisky Dingo


Tonight’s the penultimate episode of Frisky Dingo for this season, and I have absolutely no idea what will happen. I’m a huge fan of most stuff on Adult Swim but right now what I’m most enjoying is this. Frisky Dingo is hard to get a newcomer into sometimes because it’s like asking your friend who doesn’t drink to try crack cocaine. You should ease them into it with sealab 2021 at first and then when they are able to handle the far reaches of that they might be ready for this. I thought it would end after season when the earth blows up, but somehow the show overcame that ending and we are heading into the end of an extended second season.

There is an insider nature to many of these adult swim shows since I can tell that its a close knit group of actors and writers all palling around and I desperately want to be included in this group, frisky makes me feel like I'm being taken inside with the throwaway characters and comic riffs that are called back endlessly in a single episode. It’s a delicious drug that I’m not bound to come down off of any time soon.

No comments: