1.18.2008

Why you never need to order Pizza Hut in Los Angeles


The first reason is here, Casa Bianca. It's a little farther away from me than these other places, and there is always a wait to get a table but it's absolutely fucking worth it. My friend Micheal Bodie referes to this as the crack cocaine of pizza. He is right.

If I could marry a pizzeria I'd probably pop the question to Il Capricio on Vermont. In the months leading up to this place's opening it was a source of constant excitement. The day it first opened was like a beautiful dream. In an alternate universe, this place and Secret Headquarters are right next to each other and I'm in fucking heaven.

Next up is Village Pizzeria on Larchmont which I don't get to very often because I rarely venture outside of Silverlake. But I gotta mention it because I love how their Meatball pizzas come out, they slice the meatballs into delicious discs with crispy edges, yum!

Also I should mention Nicky D's which is a decent pie but I like it better for a dine out that a delivery, doesn't travel as great as some of these others. Maybe that's just the one time I ordered a large clam pizza by myself. A mistake.

Remember, don't get tempted by super bowl ads, there's never a reason to call pizza hut. And if you ever are considering Domino's remember it was founded by an evangelical Christian so every dollar you are giving them goes to supporting Pro Life and the banning of contraception. Enjoy!

No comments: