1.29.2008

We party with Hester Scheurwater


I got invited by the experimental short filmmaker Hester Shuewater to her home for a dinner party the other night while I'm here at the Rotterdam FF. AFI FEST was lucky enough to have one of Hester's films BABY, at the festival this past November and not only is she crazy talented but also super nice. I got to meet Hester's family and a bunch of other festival people in a private home which is such a nice and different experience especially since I'm going to be jumping through festivals for another 2 weeks

Also at the party was AFI FEST 2006 aulm Eveline Ketterings. Her film WHEN WE ARE BIG was a real high point for our fest 2 years ago and it was nice to see her again, and to hear a local resident's view of the festival.

Hester's place is beautiful and in a fantastic neighborhood right in the center of town. I'm so jealous! Also I'm the lucky programmer who knows that not only can she make fantastic films but she is also a wonderful cook!

1 comment:

ShazBennett.com said...

That rocks!! I love her films!
xo
shaz