1.29.2008

I'm scared of Sweden!


One thing I love looking for are genre pics for the Dark Horizons section of our festival. It's fun. Last night I saw this scary Swedish vampire movie that totally freaked me out! It's called LET THE RIGHT ONE IN (the title refers to the fact that vampires must be invited inside) and it's about a young female vampire and her much older familiar who move into an apartment next door to a young boy.

The director's introduction was an invitation, setting the tone of his "very very cold" homeland. Also they briefly mentioned that it's kinda becoming a big moment for Swedish film, one reason being that the film THE KING OF PING PONG just won an award at Sundance.

But now I'm scared becasue we have to go up to Sweden for the Goteborg Film Festival tomorrow! I'm gonna be terrified the whole time that the sound of tiny feet crunching in the snow will be following me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you play this film backwards, is it in english?

Anonymous said...

cool pic!
xoxoxo,
f