1.05.2009

WATCHMEN tie in toys


Selling Dr. Manhattan Lunchboxes pretty much sums up my fears about the WATCHMEN movie. One part of my brain is excited about the idea of WATCHMEN merchandise hitting shelves. Unfortunately the quality of merchandise being created looks....underwhelming. Plus, the layout of websites like this just heighten the rushed, under thought and generally crappy nature of these promotional items. The shoddy nature of this product design and release then makes me realize the ironic wrongness of having WATCHMEN merchandise in the first place! If they had done this with a bit more care and intelligence I would probably be buying this stuff by the truckload.

Just to be clear, this does not really diminish my excitement to see the movie, it just makes my cautious optimism a bit more cautious.

No comments: