11.24.2008

Obama to abolish Daylight Savings time?

Again, could I not love this man any more? I keep waiting for him to do SOMETHING that I disagree strongly with but I keep hearing stories like this: According to various reports, Obama might get rid of daylight savings! Avid readers of this site (Islanders? Zeroes?) might recall that I hate daylight savings time for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being that the benefit of gaining an hour in the fall does not make up in my mind the cost of losing an hour in the spring.

Needless to say, I would whole-heartedly support this forward thinking decision by our next president. This is the type of action of a man unafraid to make big decisions, to shake up the present for the benefit of the future. He aims to move no less than time itself! The next step? I would vote for Globalized Time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for Zeroes!

ShazBennett.com said...

i like to think of my self as an islander personally but maybe...