8.13.2008

Azazel Jacobs at BAM


The film MOMMA'S MAN premiered to much acclaim at the Sundance film festival earlier this year. Unfortunately, we won't get a chance to show it at AFI FEST because it will have its theatrical release before our festival. But there is a retrospective of all of Jacob's earlier films showing at BAM in New York this week. I am proud to boast that these earlier works both premiered at AFI FEST first. In reading the BAM notes, I was delighted to see this quote by Aza about the last film we premiered of his: THE GOODTIMES KID:

"The GoodTimesKid was as fun and freeing as we hoped, and ultimately allowed my next film to happen"

To me that makes so much of our work worthwhile. (I need this reminding during these stressful months.) Congratulations to Aza, I wish I could be in Brooklyn this week with you.

No comments: