6.12.2008

No pizza for me

Rabid readers of Island Zero know how much I love pizza. In fact, I won over my girlfriend's heart by getting her pizza gifts for Valentine's day. Well, then it should come as shocking news that I have been forbidden from eating pizza. I went into the doctor's office last week for a routine checkup and blood test. Well, when the blood work came back it told the doc that I had an elevated level of...something (can't recall the technical term.) I swear to god he said pizza, no more pizza. So I'm trying to go 8 weeks until my next appointment without pizza. It's been only one week and...I'm miserable. There is no way I will make it the entire stretch but if you want to make bets on how long I can last, I'll start taking action. I never thought I would make it this long, so it's starting to get a bit interesting.

4 comments:

sue said...

I'd like to add that the doctor told you need to remove white rice, white bread, pasta, as well as pizza. If you would only cut all those other bad carbs out, you could eat pizza every couple weeks. You also have options of whole wheat pizza. Don't blame pizza. Blame your overconsumption of refined grains.

sue said...

btw- can you tell I'm getting really pissed that you are vilifying pizza?

Unknown said...

that is the saddest thing that i have ever heard

Anonymous said...

Why eat at all... :(