5.07.2008

CineVegas announces 2008 lineup

I cannot wait! As usual, the "festival on the edge" has lots of cool sounding stuff that I have never heard of before. The whole crew does an incredible job of putting on a show that blows my eyelids off my skull. I mean, I'm pretty into some edgy art but last year's live performance by TV Sheriff pretty much blew what little mind I had left at that point.

This year I'm excited to see YOUR NAME HERE, starring Bill Pullman, Taryn Manning and Traci Lords in a sci-fi dream from director Matthew Wilder. I'm also excited to see what prompted the new competitive documentary section at CineVegas this year. I've already seen one of the docs, THE END, a fantastic documentary about East End London Gangsters which I caught in Rotterdam.

There's so much in this announcement today that I'm getting excited to see. I think many people assume I look forward to CineVegas so much each year for the party scene but it honestly is where I see some of the most provocative and challenging film work of the year, every year.

No comments: