4.01.2008

Overheard in Texas

Maybe I'm just picking the wrong shuttles, but here are some of the things I've heard on my trip:

"I don't like shorts, I don't ever watch em."

"I don't want to watch that film with subtitles, I don't want to read."

And "Fuck L.A. I've never been to California but I hate L.A."

That last one came from supreme asshole of the festival, this guy who was telling me that when he makes a movie, it will go to either Toronto or Sundance first and then to SXSW and that he wouldn't show in Dallas. Despite the fact this asshole lives in Dallas. And that he is drinking for free at a Dallas party.

2 comments:

Clay Tweel said...

two words - tex ass.
once again proving that the only good thing that has ever come out of texas is wes anderson. and he is from austin, which i consider to be its own papel state inside that giant "i-don't-want-your-life" hellhole.

nelson said...

On the other hand, I often say "I don't like shorts. I never WEAR them."

That's not a joke, and no one's probably particularly interested... but I don't, and I don't.