3.05.2008

Ann Arbor announces their lineup

The Ann Arbor Film Festival announced their films for 2008. This is the most experimental and challenging festival in the US. There was an unbelievable 1st amendment controversy for this festival last year when the State of Michigan threatened to pull its funding. The controversy was ridiculous, and a sad commentary on the state of political leadership in this country. I'm happy to see they have rebounded from this drama and it looks to be another stellar year in Ann Arbor.

I don't know about many of the titles on their website (which is a good sign) but a couple standouts jumped out at me immediately. There is a new film from the always exceptional Martha Colburn. Also they are showing an older film from one of my favorite classical experimentalists Len Lye. I'm going to make it up there to Ann Arbor one year I promise!

No comments: