2.29.2008

Tim Minchin

It's hard to pick a favorite moment from the Aspen comedy arts festival and I don't want to make that kind of statement but the performer who stuck with me more than most was the one, the only Tim Minchin. He came out to Los Angles recently and we rushed across town, almost missing him. Minchin is a musical comedy genius from Australia (funny side note, I remember the guys from Fight of the Conchords saying that while they can be classified as "musical comedy" musical comedy sounds like something not very funny at all -- and FLOTC was another discovery to come out of the Aspen comedy festival! Another example of the reason why that event was so great and how it will be missed.)

Anyway, every single time I go to the grocery store I hear this song in my head:


No comments: