2.21.2008

Short films get the spotlight

I'm always happy to see some attention given to short films. The Oscars hosted a pre-ceremony screening of the nominated films for this year the other night and Indiewire wrote up a nice little article about it here. I already mentioned AFI FEST selection I MET THE WALRUS here, I'll be rooting for Josh on Sunday night. But I've seen a few of the other shorts in the list as well. It's not surprising since I saw many many short films last year in my programming duties, a few hundred would be an accurate estimate. One I haven't seen but that sounds great is THE MOZART OF PICKPOCKETS. We have most of these films in the office I think, maybe I'll pull that one down off the shelf for this weekend. If anyone wants to try and see some of these amazing nominees, let me know and I'll see if I can help.

No comments: