1.15.2008

Excellent Spanish Horror film


I finally got a chance to see WHO CAN KILL A CHILD recently. It's a movie I heard about a long while ago but was unable to find a copy of anywhere. Then I read this article on the AV club where Eli Roth outlined which films would make a perfect 24 horror marathon. I am not a fan of Roth as a filmmaker really but I do respect him as a cinephile. I want to throw all of those movies on my netflix list except maybe CANNIBAL HOLOCASUT, too much, too gross. But the half hour short film TOBY DAMMIT by Fererico Felinni sounds amazing! But the best info I got out of his list was the fact that WHO CAN KILL A CHILD had finally been released on DVD.

The film was as brilliant as I thought it would be. It's the story of a British couple who find themselves on a small island where all the adults have inexplicably been killed by the children. They are then faced with the horrific titular dilemma to escape with their lives. Tons of gross fun and really creative scares along the way, it's sort of like a cross between BATTLE ROYALE and THE WICKER MAN with a large dollop of CHILDREN OF THE CORN tossed in. I highly recommend you watch this 32 year old overlooked delight. Scary!

No comments: